Two categories of attractions are outlined. These are those which are based on nature, and those resulting from cultural and social activities around the area.
Landscapes plains and sceneries
- Kilimanjaro mountain
- North and South Pare Mountains
- Mkomazi plains
- Ruvu plains
Water related attractions
- Ranzi mountain lake
- Thornton falls
- Kalimawe dam
- Rivers Nakombo, Hingilili, Saseni, Mhokevuta which support rain forests and are evergreen throughout the year.
Forest and wildlife related attractions
- MkomaziNational park
- Shengena /Chome forest Nature reserve
- Kwizu Forest reserve
Other small forests which are preserved for worship and rituals by clans.
- Traditional Pare houses including construction technology, Mkumbavana and Malameni Caves
- Documents of historical value
- Traditional irrigation systems
- Traditional handcrafts – drums mats, pots, arrows etc.
- Everyday culture as practiced by the villagers.